Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still demoing

Apparently I worried my poor mother with my last post. No, I didn't maim my foot, I was just tired from all the work.

Last night I removed more paneling from the living room, and ripped out the remaining bathroom. Sure, it looked decent (but tacky tile) but lurking behind all the new tile and backer board was moldy, crumbling sheetrock:


Catching up on the weekend's work.
The beams were pretty bad in a couple of spots, due to water entering from the dryrot:

What happens on the inside of the wall, behind the paneling? This:


Nasty. I also found a couple of places where water was dripping into the house from above. This drip comes down the electrical wires, inside the wall in the hallway:

By the weekend I think I will have everything ripped out. Then in one fell swoop (holiday weekend) I've lined up chimney repair, heating repair/inspection, beam repair/replacement, roof repair (just patching for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment